2013: A Lis List
2013 was an average year, personally. I don’t know about you, but I could go either way about it. It wasn’t the worst year on record, but it wasn’t the best. In the spirit of brevity, here are my top 10 highlights and lowlights.
10 ways I was a lucky fool:
1) I decided to move to Vancouver, after 9 years of talking about it. I set the intention and the plan is in motion and everything is working out!
2) I discovered storytelling. Best art form making a comeback!
3) I got paid TWICE for writing, by two separate entities.
4) I went to Cuba for the first time and fell in love with the country, people, and music. I was only there for a week but it felt like a month!
5) I went to Burning Man last minute, even though I usually plan the trip for months in advance.
6) I started meditating, and pulled it off for some long stretches.
7) I set the intention to forgive all the people who were jerks to me. I’m about 75% there.
8) I let go of a few relationships that weren’t serving me without drama or fanfare.
9) I dyed my hair blonde and felt super fabulous.
10) I finally got a cell phone, officially catapulting me into the 21st century.
10 ways I was a damn fool:
1) I got sucked in by TV. I started binge watching shows to a crazy degree. And even though a bunch of shows I liked ended, I would start new shows just to fill the void. I spent most of my summer home alone watching shows. I’m not proud of this.
2) My will to cook/make healthy delicious food was seriously compromised. I don’t know what happened (maybe a result of #1, or the “no-one to cook for” thing) but I have, like zero motivation to make food these days.
3) In the spirit of abundance, I might have been a bit frivolous with spending. And by a bit I mean a lot.
4) After I dyed my hair blonde, I decided that it was one of the frivolous expenditures from #3. So I dyed over it with different colors and have basically hated my hair since.
5) I cared way too much what other people think of me and took a bunch of things personally.
6) I started binge-buying self help and self teaching books, none of which I have completed. I have at least 10 half-finished books in my room.
7) I didn’t get out in to nature nearly enough, even though I stated this as the primary reason why I live where I live. I just like being close to the water…
8) I didn’t get enough sleep.
9) I never did get a regular writing habit down.
10) I let my yoga practice slide this year because I was working out with a personal trainer.
2014 is going to be an exciting year. I’m single. I’m moving. I have this blog now. I have a lot of things to figure out and a lot of problems to solve. I’m looking forward to a new year of tomfoolery, trying new things, being blissfully unaware, and fixing my hair.-E.